The powers that be have released the agenda for the Contactless Intelligence Spring Conference 2011 and we have great pleasure to be putting this out on the weblog and twitter feed first. Having cast my eye over the topics I think that next years event is shaping up to be the best ever held. But don’t take my word for it. Have a look yourself…
09.30 – 09.40 Welcome
Confirmed Morning Session Chairman: Murdo Munro, Paytech
09.40 – 10.40 Travelling in a Contactless World
The morning sessions are kicking off with one of the most dynamic contactless application in the market: Transport. Our speakers will be discussing and commenting on how partnership models successfully push contactless technology adapted to travel – from ticketing to trains, from parking access to airports. We look at best-case scenarios from the last months and how industry collaborations can bring the best out of each individual application.
Veolia / Bouygues / Oberthur / Transport for London / Bikes in London / Qantas
Question & Answers with speakers
10.40 – 11.10 Networking Coffee
11.10 – 13.00 The Contactless & NFC City Connection
To start this session, Contactless Intelligence will be presenting the latest status of the Contactless & NFC City League, which was established in May 2010 in order to give visibility to the great efforts made by individual cities to push forward contactless and NFC technology. After the revelation of the League Toprunners, we will hand over the floor to experts on some of the most prominent cities in our league. Discussion topics will be interoperability, national rollout strategies as well as lessons learnt throughout Europe.
- London and beyond
MNOs: O2 / Orange
Card issuer: VISA Europe
Equipment manufacturer: VeriFone / Ingenico
City & merchant representatives
13.00 – 14.00 Networking Lunch sponsored by O2
Invited Afternoon Session Chairman: Globesmart Ltd.
14.00 – 14.20 Working in a Contactless World
In today’s fast moving environment and increasing hightech affinity by the consumer, contactless applications are reaching out to add more convenience beyond the traditional areas of transport and payment. This session is presenting the latest exciting applications that have convinced users – in their workspace and at home – of the benefits of contactless technology.
14.20 – 14.45 Looking ahead in Mobile Contactless
This session is dedicated to some of the pressing question in the implementation and day-to-day use of mobile contactless devices: What happens when users need to go above limit with their NFC enabled phone? What impact does this have on the terminal infrastructure? What are the upgrade scenarios? Is there a real alternative to NFC handsets in terms of stick’n’play or plug’n’play solutions?
Invited companies: Visa / MasterCard
14.45 – 15.15 Networking Tea
15.15 – 16.30 Networking Groups in our Contactless World
A selection of industry working groups based on topics that will be relevant for fast tracking solutions discussed in the morning. Please pick which group you would like to co-operate in. Understandably, in order to create outcome and future results, space will be limited so our groups will be served on a strict first come, first served basis. The chair of each Group will present to delegate their group findings.
- Group 1: Apps-solutely Fabulous – The Apps download in a Contactless World – who is doing what where and has the TSM proved the invaluable central hub anticipated?
- Group 2: How can we reassure the public about security concerns?
- Group 3: Staff Training & Consumer Education – what is proving to bring most success? How can this be improved? What partnerships can be developed to serve the market?
- Group 4: How can we move to mass deployment?
- Group 5: 2012 Count down – where are we with the contactless infrastructure?
For instant feedback and discussions, the Contactless Intelligence Expert Panel will review the output of each session and offer their opinions:
16.30 – 16.45 Chairman’s Roundup
16.45 – 17.00 Living in a Contactless World
Follow the adventures of our mystery traveller & shopper – documenting the latest in youth approved contactless applications from mobile to money. How did he or she get on? How “happening” is the contactless world really?
17.00 – 17.45 Networking Tea final visit to Demo Area
17.45 – 19.00 Cocktails
19.00 – 23.00 CMA Awards Dinner, sponsored by Visa Europe
- Visa Readies to Take on Rising Competition in Payment Biz (fool.com)
- Visa launches contactless mobile payments in Turkey (intomobile.com)
- ViVOtech Wins 2 Major Awards for Its Role in Enabling the Biggest NFC Mobile Payment Pilot to Date for Citi in India (pindebit.blogspot.com)
- Oberthur Technologies Leads the Contactless Sticker Revolution (eon.businesswire.com)
- The Co-Operative Becomes First Major Food Retailer to Rollout Contactless Technology (pindebit.blogspot.com)
- BofA and Visa to Test Mobile Contactless Payments (pindebit.blogspot.com)