In June, Oberthur received two International Innovation Awards from ACT Canada, a non-profit association that focuses on smart card technology in Canada. The International Innovation Awards recognize organizations that have introduced innovative new technologies, applications or services into the payment card market.
- In the Banking Finance Service category, Oberthur’s Smart Pin won for being the first service that allows card issuers to securely deliver card PINs via mobile text message.
- In the Business Model Service category, Oberthur’s EMV-In-A-Box won for being able to provide issuers a complete, turnkey EMV Migration solution – containing consultancy, training, project management and technical support – in as little as 12 weeks.
In May, Oberthur Technologies won the coveted Élan Award for Unique Innovation at the International Card Manufacturing Association (ICMA) EXPO, held in Scottsdale, Arizona. ICMA is the largest association of plastic card manufacturers and personalizers in the world. Its purpose is to promote the plastic card industry and the value of its products and services.
ICMA’s Élan provides the manufacturing industry’s only award that distinguishes the latest advancements and achievements in card design and technical innovation. Oberthur received recognition in three categories:
- Unique Innovation for Oberthur Technologies’ contactless FlyBuy™ Sticker
- Best Government Identification Card for the ID-One™ Cosmo smart card which features a variety of physical security elements including: unique holograms, changeable laser images, guilloche printing, micro-printing and optically variable inks
- Judges’ Choice for Oberthur’s clear contactless smartcard with translucent black ink
In March, Oberthur Technologies won a 2010 Product Innovation Award from Network Products Guide, the leading information technology research and advisory guide. The award, in the Smart Card category, was for ID-One™ PIV, Oberthur’s fully federally compliant physical and logical security access card solution which offers identity proofing, card authentication, digital signature, fingerprint on-card comparison, encryption and secure post issuance management.“Oberthur Technologies drives innovation through leveraging its 5 global R&D facilities,” said Martin Ferenczi, Managing Director, Americas, Card Systems Division at Oberthur Technologies. “These awards demonstrate our understanding of our customers’ needs and delivering useful solutions to meet those needs.”
- Oberthur Technologies Leads the Contactless Sticker Revolution (eon.businesswire.com)